Terms and Conditions of Use
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CONTAIN LEGAL OBLIGATIONS. PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE BEFORE USING ANY OF THE SITES, the APPS OR the PROGRAM. BY CLICKING “I ACCEPT”, OR BY ACCESSING OR USING ANY OF THE SITES, THE APPS OR PARTICIPATING IN THE PROGRAM, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE WHICH ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AS DESCRIBED BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY PORTION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE, INCLUDING THE CLASS ACTION WAIVER IN SECTION 6, YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY TERMINATE YOUR USE OF the Sites, the Apps and the Program.
Last Update: 8-31-17
7-Eleven, Inc., 7-Eleven Canada, Inc. or their respective subsidiaries, licensees and affiliated companies (collectively, “7-Eleven”, “we”, “us” or “our”), operate the www.7Eleven.ca and the www.Slurpee.ca websites (together with all content and the underlying source HTML files that implement the hypertext features, including without limitation any mobile optimized website, collectively the “Site” or “Sites”) and certain 7-Eleven branded mobile application(s) (“Apps”). These terms and conditions of use (these “Terms and Conditions of Use”) govern any use of the Sites, the Apps and the 7Rewards loyalty program (the “Program”), described at www.7eleven.ca/7rewards.
- OWNERSHIP, LICENSE & RESTRICTIONS ON USE
- The material provided on the Sites, the Apps and in connection with the Program is protected by law, including, but not limited to United States and Canadian Copyright and Trademark laws, and international treaties. The Sites, the Apps and the Program are controlled and operated by 7-Eleven from its offices within the United States or Canada. 7-Eleven makes no representation that materials in any of the Sites, the Apps or provided or made available in connection with the Program are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose and access any of the Sites, the Apps or the Program from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. See below for further copyright and trademark information.
- All right, title and interest (including all copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights) in the Sites, the Apps or materials provided or made available in connection with the Program belong to 7-Eleven or the original creator of the material. Further, all names, designs, graphics, data, images, pictures, logos and icons on the Sites, the Apps or provided or made available in connection with the Program are proprietary information or proprietary marks of 7-Eleven or the original creator of the material. The compilation of all content, including the look and feel of the Sites, the Apps or materials provided or made available in connection with the Program, is the exclusive property of 7-Eleven and is protected by U.S. or Canadian copyright law, as applicable. Except as may be expressly provided herein, nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions of Use or elsewhere shall be construed as conferring any license or right, by implication, estoppels or otherwise, under copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights, to any of the materials on the Sites, the Apps or provided or made available in connection with the Program.
- You are hereby granted a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license to: (i) use the Apps on your mobile device for your personal non-commercial use only; and (ii) view the Sites, and to print insignificant portions of materials retrieved from the Sites provided (a) they are used only for informational, non-commercial purposes, and (b) you do not remove or obscure the copyright notice or other notices. You are not allowed to modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information, products or services obtained directly from the Sites, the Apps or provided or made available in connection with the Program. Further, you may not reproduce any part of the Sites, the Apps or materials provided or made available in connection with the Program and any such violation with respect to the Sites or the Apps will terminate the license(s) granted herein.
- You also may not, without the permission of 7-Eleven “mirror” any material contained on the Sites or Apps on any other server. Any unauthorized use of any material contained on any of the Sites, the Apps or materials provided or made available in connection with the Program may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
- As between you and 7-Eleven, all submissions, suggestions, ideas, artwork, or other information (the “Submission”) communicated to 7-Eleven through the Sites or Apps become the sole and exclusive property of 7-Eleven. 7-Eleven is not required to treat any Submissions as confidential, and will not incur any liability as a result of any similarities that may appear in future 7-Eleven endeavors. 7-Eleven will have exclusive ownership of all present and future existing rights, including all commercial rights, to the Submission of every kind and nature in perpetuity throughout the universe, without acknowledgment or compensation to you. You acknowledge that you are responsible for whatever material you submit, and that you, not 7-Eleven, have full responsibility for the Submission, including its legality, reliability, appropriateness, novelty, and copyright. 7-Eleven reserves the right (but is not obligated) to remove or edit such content, but does not regularly review posted content. 7-Eleven has the right but not the obligation to monitor and edit or remove any activity or content. 7-Eleven takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
- The trademarks, service marks, and logos (the “Trademarks”) used and displayed on the Sites, the Apps or materials provided or made available in connection with the Program are registered and unregistered Trademarks of 7-Eleven and others. Nothing on the Sites, the Apps or materials provided or made available in connection with the Program should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Sites, the Apps or materials provided or made available in connection with the Program, without the written permission of the Trademark owner. 7-Eleven aggressively enforces its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law. The name of 7-Eleven, Inc., Slurpee or the 7-Eleven logo may not be used in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of materials on the Sites, the Apps or provided or made available in connection with the Program, without prior, written permission of 7-Eleven. 7-Eleven prohibits use of the 7-Eleven logo as a “hot” link to any website, including 7-Eleven sites, unless establishment of such a link is approved in advance by 7-Eleven in writing.
- LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
- EFFECTIVE DATE, MODIFICATION; CHANGES
These Terms and Conditions of Use are effective and were last updated as of the revision date at the beginning of these Terms and Conditions of Use. At any time, 7-Eleven may revise these Terms and Conditions of Use. If we make changes, we will post the amended Terms and Conditions of Use to our Sites and Apps, and update the “Last Updated” date above. We may also notify you by sending an email notification to the address associated with your Account or providing notice through our Sites and Apps. Revisions are effective and binding when posted on the Sites or Apps. Any continued use of any of the Sites, the Apps or your participation in the Program following any revision means you agree to the revisions. 7-Eleven expressly reserves the right to terminate or discontinue any of the Sites, Apps or the Program at any time and for any reason, with or without notice to you.
- DISCLAIMERS; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM AND ANY PROMOTIONAL CONTESTS, AND YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE 7REWARDS CARD, APPS, SITES AND ANY CONTENT THEREIN IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH CONTENT, MATERIAL AND/OR DATA. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, 7-ELEVEN MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY AS TO THE QUALITY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, AVAILABILITY, SECURITY OR FUNCTIONALITY OF THE PROGRAM, 7REWARDS CARD, SITES, APPS OR ANY CONTENT THEREON. 7-ELEVEN WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY HARM TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE, OR LOSS OF DATA, THAT RESULTS FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE 7REWARDS CARD, APPS, SITES OR ANY CONTENT, OR FOR THE DELETION OF, OR THE FAILURE TO STORE OR TO TRANSMIT, ANY CONTENT OR OTHER COMMUNICATIONS MAINTAINED BY THE 7REWARDS CARD, APPS OR SITES. 7-ELEVEN MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE PROGRAM, 7REWARDS CARD, SITES OR APPS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE 7REWARDS CARD, SITES OR APPS WILL BE CORRECTED. THE 7REWARDS CARD, SITES AND APPS MAY NOT BE CONTINUOUSLY AVAILABLE DUE TO MAINTENANCE OR REPAIRS OR DUE TO COMPUTER PROBLEMS OR CRASHES, DISRUPTION IN INTERNET SERVICE OR OTHER UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES. THE PROGRAM, 7REWARDS CARD, SITES, APPS AND ASSOCIATED CONTENT ARE INTENDED FOR USE AND DISPLAY ONLY WHERE ITS USE AND DISPLAY ARE PERMISSIBLE IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED TERMS IN CONTRACTS WITH CONSUMERS, SO SOME OR ALL OF THE DISCLAIMERS IN THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- 7-ELEVEN DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO (A) ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS ON OR FROM ANY OF THE SITES, THE APPS OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAM, PROMOTIONAL CONTESTS, AND CONTENT THEREIN, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO TECHNICAL INACCURACIES AND TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, (B) ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITES OR CONTENT THEREIN DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ACCESSED THROUGH LINKS IN ANY OF THE SITES, THE APPS OR MATERIALS PROVIDED, MADE AVAILABLE IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAM OR ANY PROMOTIONAL CONTESTS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS CONTAINED THEREIN, (C) THE UNAVAILABILITY OF ANY OF THE SITES, THE APPS OR THE PROGRAM OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, (D) YOUR USE OF ANY OF THE SITES, THE APPS, THE PROGRAM, OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROMOTIONAL CONTESTS, OR (E) YOUR USE OF ANY EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE IN CONNECTION WITH ANY OF THE SITES, THE APPS OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAM OR ANY PROMOTIONAL CONTESTS.
- Any dealings with any third parties (including advertisers and/or sponsors) appearing on any of the Sites, the Apps or materials provided or made available in connection with the Program, participation in any promotions or offerings (including delivery of and payment for goods and services) and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such activities are solely between you and such advertiser or other third parties. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR EXAMINING OR EVALUATING, AND WE DO NOT WARRANT THE OFFERINGS OF, ANY OF THESE BUSINESSES OR INDIVIDUALS OR THE CONTENT OF THEIR WEBSITES. 7-ELEVEN DOES NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR THE ACTIONS, PRODUCT, AND CONTENT OF ALL THESE AND ANY OTHER THIRD PARTIES. YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY REVIEW THEIR PRIVACY STATEMENTS AND OTHER CONDITIONS OF USE. 7-ELEVEN IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO ANY PARTY WHO PARTICIPATES IN ANY SUCH DEALINGS, PROMOTIONS OR OFFERINGS.
- 7-ELEVEN MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO ANY OF THE SITES, THE APPS, THE PROGRAM, OR ANY PROMOTIONAL CONTESTS, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF DESIGN, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR TITLE, ANY WARRANTIES ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE, OR ANY WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY’S PATENT(S), TRADE SECRET(S), COPYRIGHT(S) OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. 7-ELEVEN WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES (INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE). 7-ELEVEN DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SITES, THE APPS, THE PROGRAM, OR ANY PROMOTIONAL CONTESTS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION GIVEN BY 7-ELEVEN OR AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF 7-ELEVEN SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY.
- If you are dissatisfied with any portion of any of the Sites, the Apps or the Program, or with any portion of these Terms and Conditions of Use, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Sites, the Apps and the Program.
- UNLAWFUL AND PROHIBITED USE
As a specific condition of your use of any of the Sites, the Apps or the Program, you explicitly agree not to (a) use any of the Sites, the Apps or the Program for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions of Use; (b) use the Sites and Apps in any way that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any of the Sites, the Apps or the Program, or interfere with anyone else’s use of any of the Sites, the Apps or the Program; (c) attempt to gain unauthorized access to 7-Eleven computer systems or networks connected to 7-Eleven, through hacking, password mining or any other means; (d) attempt to reverse engineer any portion of any of the Sites, the Apps or materials provided or made available in connection with the Program or attempt to infringe the intellectual property rights of others in any way; (e) obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through any of the Sites, the Apps or in connection with the Program; (f) attempt to circumvent any content-filtering techniques we employ or attempt to access any feature or area of our Site or Apps that you are not authorized to access; (g) develop or use any third-party applications that interact with our Site or Apps without our prior written consent, including any scripts designed to scrape or extract data from our Site or Apps; and (h) use our Sites or Apps for any illegal or unauthorized purpose, or engage in, encourage or promote any activity that violates these Terms and Conditions of Use.
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING SECTION CAREFULLY BECAUSE IT LIMITS THE MANNER IN WHICH YOU CAN SEEK RELIEF FROM US.
Access to and use of any of the Sites, the Apps, participation in the Program and these Terms and Conditions of Use are governed by the laws of the Province of British Columbia and the laws of Canada applicable therein, without resort to conflict of law provisions. Any legal action or proceeding relating to your access to, or use of any of the Sites, the Apps, participation in the Program or these Terms and Conditions of Use shall be instituted only in a court located in Vancouver, British Columbia. You and 7-Eleven agree to submit to the jurisdiction of, and agree that venue is proper in, these courts in any such legal action or proceeding. 7-Eleven makes no representation that the contents of any of the Sites, the Apps or the Program are appropriate or available for use outside of Canada, and those who choose to access any of the Sites, the Apps or the Program from other locations are solely responsible for compliance with their local laws. Any legal actions against 7-Eleven must be commenced within two year(s) after the claim arose. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY SUCH CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM SHALL BE INSTITUTED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, AND SHALL NOT BE CONSOLIDATED WITH ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY OF ANY OTHER PARTY. Notwithstanding the foregoing, 7-Eleven may immediately seek any interim or preliminary injunctive relief from any court of competent jurisdiction, as necessary to protect its rights or property (including intellectual property rights).
You specifically agree to indemnify and hold harmless 7-Eleven, its parent, affiliates, stockholders, officers and employees, from any claim, demand or damage, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, asserted by any third party due to or arising out of your use of or conduct on any of the Sites, the Apps or in connection with the Program.
- PRODUCT & SERVICE AVAILABILITY
The Sites, the Apps and the Program may contain references and information about 7-Eleven products and services that may be limited by individual store participation in the United States and Canada only.
- PRIVACY AND PUBLICITY
7-Eleven’s privacy statement is located at https://www.7eleven.ca/Privacy and is hereby incorporated into these Terms and Conditions of Use by reference. We reserve the right to modify our privacy statement from time to time. You may be asked whether or not you consent to and wish to receive marketing and other non-critical communications relating to 7-Eleven’s services from time to time. If you agree and consent to receiving such communications from 7-Eleven, you may opt-out of receiving such communications at any time as provided in the privacy statement.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT; SEVERABILITY
These Terms and Conditions of Use incorporate by reference 7-Eleven’s privacy statement located at https://www.7eleven.ca/Privacy, the Program Terms and Conditions located at www.7eleven.ca/7rewards, and any notices contained on any of the Sites, the Apps or the Program and constitute the entire agreement with respect to your access to and use of any of the Sites, the Apps or the Program. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions of Use is unlawful, void or unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from the remaining provisions and shall not affect their validity and enforceability.
ADDITIONAL TERMS APPLICABLE TO THE 7Rewards Loyalty Program
These Program Terms and Conditions (these “Program Terms”) are subject to, and made a part of the Terms and Conditions of Use, and apply to your access to, and your participation in the Program, which is operated by 7-Eleven.
These Program Terms do not alter in any way the terms or conditions of any other agreement you may have with us in respect of any products, services or otherwise.
Joining the Program
There are no membership fees associated with the Program. The Program is open only to residents of Canada who are 13 years or older and are natural persons; no corporation, trust, partnership or other entity may participate in the Program. If you are between 13 and the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence, you may join and participate in the Program only with the permission of a parent or guardian. 7-Eleven encourages parents to supervise their children’s digital activities and to consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers that help provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools can also keep children from disclosing online their name, address and other personal information without parental consent.
Creating an Account
You can enroll to participate in the Program by creating a Program membership account (an “Account”) as follows:
- Download the App on a smartphone or other mobile device that is capable of downloading and running the App from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store (as applicable) and follow the prompts to create an Account. 7-Eleven does not charge to download its App, but standard data rates may apply.
- Visit www.7eleven.ca/7rewards and follow the prompts to create an Account.
By creating an Account, you agree to (a) provide accurate, current and complete Account information, (b) maintain and promptly update, as necessary, your Account information, (c) maintain the security of your Account credentials, (d) be responsible for the acts or omissions of any third party who has authority to access or use your 7Rewards Card or Account, including by use of the App or the Site on your behalf, and (e) immediately notify us if you discover or otherwise suspect any security breaches related to your 7Rewards Card or Account. We shall not be responsible for misdirected communications such as mail or e-mail or any consequences thereof.
You may also participate in the Program if you obtain a physical 7Rewards Card from one of our participating stores in Canada or an electronic 7Rewards Card via Facebook Messenger or other social media channel. You will begin accumulating Points and Punches as soon as you scan your 7Rewards Card. If your 7Rewards Card is not linked to your Account, you will only be able to redeem your accumulated Punches. You cannot redeem your accumulated Points unless and until your 7Rewards Card is linked to your Account. If you wish to link your 7Rewards Card to an Account, you may create an Account as indicated above and link your 7Rewards Card to your newly created Account or, if you already have an existing Account, link your 7Rewards Card to your existing Account under your Account page in the App or on the Site.
Except for purchases of certain Excluded Items identified below, the Program enables you to accumulate promotional 7Rewards points (“Points”) on all other purchases (“Qualifying Purchases”) and to convert your Points into My Rewards redeemable for certain eligible items at participating 7-Eleven stores in Canada. You will accumulate 25 Points for each One-Dollar (CAN$1.00) you spend on Qualifying Purchases in accordance with this section. Taxes and fees are excluded and ineligible for Point accrual. Points may take longer than 24 hours from the time of the last Qualifying Purchase to show up in your Account.
In order to accumulate Points for Qualifying Purchases, you must present and scan your 7Rewards Card or your Account barcode (accessed through the App or mobile version of the Site) at the time of purchase or provide the phone number linked to your Account at the time of purchase in order to record and qualify your purchase. Points and My Rewards are promotional only. Points and My Rewards have no value, may not be redeemed for cash, and are not transferable to any other individual or entity. Points will not be accumulated on the portion of any transaction that was paid for or credited by using or redeeming Points, Punches, My Rewards, other discounts or promotional codes. Points will not be accumulated on purchases of the following products/services: fuel, age-restricted items (such as cigarettes, tobacco, lottery tickets and alcohol), financial services, prepaid card products, money orders, gift cards, phone cards, stamps, Post Office stamps and merchandise, event tickets, bus tickets and passes, charitable donations, gift with purchases or as may be excluded in a particular promotions, and any other items specified as exclusions from time to time (collectively, the “Excluded Items”). We reserve the right to add or delete products and services eligible for redemption or Point collection at any time, at our sole discretion, without notice.
If you cancel or return a Qualifying Purchase for which you have collected Points, 7-Eleven may deduct the Points that you were awarded for that purchase.
The Program enables you to get one free 7-Eleven hot drink, iced coffee, Big Gulp, Gulp cold drink, or Slurpee drink (of any size offered by 7-Eleven and including refills of refillable 7-Eleven mugs and tumblers) (“Reward Drink”) for every six such drinks that you buy at participating 7-Eleven stores in Canada when you present and scan your 7Rewards Card or your Account barcode (accessed through the App or mobile version of the Site) at the time of purchase or provide the phone number linked to your Account at the time of purchase in order to record and qualify your purchase (each represented as punches on the “digital punch card” in your Account, if you have an Account and have properly linked and recorded your purchase to your Account, collectively, “Punches”).
Punches are promotional only. Punches have no value, may not be redeemed for cash, and are not transferable to any other individual or entity. Punches will not be accumulated on the portion of any transaction that was paid for or credited by using or redeeming Points, Punches, My Rewards, other discounts or promotional codes. Purchases of 7-Eleven mugs and tumblers are not eligible for Punches under the Program.
If you cancel or return a Reward Drink for which you have collected Punch(es), 7-Eleven may deduct the Punch(es) that you were awarded for that purchase.
Redeeming MY Rewards and Punches
Redemption of My Rewards and Punches are subject to availability. You may only redeem My Rewards and Punches at participating 7-Eleven stores in Canada. 7-Eleven reserves the right to change or discontinue any food or drink products, and to change the amount or kind of Points, My Rewards or Punches necessary to be eligible for redemption. Once My Rewards or Punches have been redeemed, they cannot be credited back to your Account.
In accordance with Federal and Provincial tax legislation, GST, PST, HST and any other applicable taxes are calculated and payable by any Program member on the full amount of the purchase price before any reduction for redeemed My Rewards or Punches.
If you have an Account and have properly recorded Points and Punches to your Account or converted your Points and Punches to Rewards, there may be periods of time where your accumulated Points, Punches, or Rewards do not appear in your Account, rest assured, such Points, Punches and Rewards are still linked to your Account, and are available for conversion or redemption in accordance with these Terms once availability resumes.
Obtain and Redeem My Rewards with your Points
You may obtain My Rewards with your Points which can be redeemed for certain items at participating 7-Eleven stores in Canada. We reserve the right to add or delete products and services eligible for redemption at any time, at our sole discretion, without notice. For further details of items you can obtain with your My Rewards, please log into your Account and follow the prompts to view the list of available items. In order to obtain My Rewards with your Points, follow the prompts in your Account to convert your Points into redeemable items (each will be represented as a redeemable item in the “digital wallet” in your Account, collectively, “My Rewards”), which can be redeemed for the item at participating 7-Eleven stores in Canada. When obtaining a Reward with your Points, you must have enough Points to obtain the applicable Reward. Once the Points you have accumulated are converted into My Rewards, those Points will immediately be deducted from your Account, and cannot be credited back to your Account or converted into another Reward. You must use the same Account when converting Points to My Rewards and cannot combine and convert Points accumulated in separate Accounts into My Rewards.
You may only redeem Punches for a free Reward Drink at participating 7-Eleven stores in Canada. You will qualify for one free Reward Drink for every six Punches you have properly recorded to your Account and/or 7Rewards Card. If you have created an Account and have properly linked and recorded your purchase of a Reward Drink to your Account, your Account will be updated so that you can scan to receive your free Reward Drink. Once you have earned a Reward Drink, you must redeem it for your free Reward Drink before you can record any further Punches. You must use the same Account when redeeming Punches and cannot combine Punches accumulated in separate Accounts to redeem your free Reward Drink.
If you were enrolled in the Program and accumulated Punches before 8-31-17, your Punches before such date will be migrated to your Account under this Program.
In addition to the restrictions you agreed to in 7-Eleven’s Terms and Conditions of Use, you agree that any fraud, attempted fraud, or abuse of the Program or these Program Terms is expressly prohibited and engaging in any of these activities will be grounds for immediate termination and disqualification from the Program, and may lead to the forfeiture of all earned Points and Punches.
POINTS AND PUNCHES WHICH HAVE ACCUMULATED ON A 7REWARDS CARD THAT IS NOT LINKED TO AN ACCOUNT WILL EXPIRE SIXTY (60) DAYS AFTER THE POINT OR PUNCH IS EARNED UNLESS THE 7REWARDS CARD IS LINKED TO AN ACCOUNT BEFORE THE EXPIRATION OF SUCH SIXTY (60) DAY PERIOD. ALL ACCUMULATED POINTS AND PUNCHES WILL AUTOMATICALLY EXPIRE IN THE EVENT YOU HAVE NOT ACCUMULATED ANY NEW POINTS OR PUNCHES ON YOUR ACCOUNT FOR 366 CONSECUTIVE DAYS.
IN THE EVENT THAT YOU HAVE CONVERTED POINTS INTO MY REWARDS, YOU HAVE THIRTY (30) DAYS TO REDEEM THOSE CONVERTED MY REWARDS FOR ITEMS, OTHERWISE THOSE MY REWARDS EXPIRE AFTER THE THIRTY (30) DAY PERIOD.
If you believe there is discrepancy with the number of accumulated Points or Punches or any My Rewards in your Account, you must notify us at the contact particulars below within sixty (60) days of the discrepancy date or it will be deemed correct.
Lost 7Rewards Card or Compromised Accounts
If your 7Rewards Card has been lost or stolen, you should notify us immediately at the contact particulars below. When 7-Eleven is made aware of a lost or stolen 7Rewards Card, it will flag the card as lost or stolen and the lost or stolen card will be rendered inactive. A replacement 7Rewards Card can be obtained at a 7-Eleven participating location. If the lost or stolen 7Rewards Card is linked to your Account, your registration profile and the accumulated, unredeemed Points, Punches and My Rewards at the time such card is rendered inactive will remain intact. If the lost or stolen 7Rewards Card is not linked to your Account, your accumulated Points and Punches at the time such card is lost or stolen will also be lost and unrecoverable. We are not responsible for any Points, Punches or My Rewards used by a third party using a lost or stolen 7Rewards Card, and if the lost or stolen 7Rewards Card is not linked to your Account we are not responsible for the use or loss of any of your Points and Punches. Should the security of your Account be compromised, including in the event your mobile phone or other electronic device capable of accessing your Account is lost, stolen or compromised, you should re-set your Account password immediately. We are not responsible for any Points, Punches or My Rewards used by a third party accessing your Account.
You may only have one Account but may link more than one 7Rewards Cards to your Account.
By creating an Account, you consent to receive electronic communications from 7-Eleven (e.g., via email or by posting notices on the App or Site). These communications may include notices about promotional events, your Account (e.g., payment authorizations, password changes, security concerns and other transactional information) and are part of your relationship with us. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures or other communications that we send to you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including, but not limited to, that such communications be in writing.
From time to time, 7-Eleven may offer promotional events. By providing your email address, you consent to be automatically entered into our promotional events. As part of your consent, you authorize 7-Eleven to communicate with you electronically (via email) about such promotional events, and to send you the promotional events’ descriptions and official terms and conditions that apply to such promotional events. THE WINNER OF ANY PROMOTIONAL EVENTS MAY BE REQUIRED TO SATISFY ADDITIONAL CRITERIA IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING COMPLETING AND RETURNING A WAIVER AFFIDAVIT AND LIABILITY/PUBLICITY RELEASE IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THE APPLICABLE PRIZE. In the event that you wish to opt out of marketing and promotional communications and events, you can do so by (i) following the instructions in the email or other communication, (ii) following the opt out instructions in the terms and conditions, or (iii) closing your Account.
Program Cancellation or Change
7-Eleven reserves the right to change or modify the Program and these Program Terms at any time and in our sole discretion. We specifically reserve the right to amend or alter the Program, any Program benefit or award/reward or these Program Terms with or without notice. If we cancel or make changes to the Program and/or these Program Terms, we may provide notice of such changes, such as by sending an email notification, providing notice through the Site or updating the “Last Updated” date at the beginning of these Program Terms. By continuing to access or participate in the Program, you confirm your acceptance of the revised Program Terms and all of the terms incorporated therein by reference. We encourage you to review these Program Terms frequently to ensure that you understand the terms and conditions that apply when you access or participate in the Program. If you do not agree to the revised Program Terms, you may not access or participate in the Program. If 7-Eleven cancels the Program, it will provide at least sixty (60) days’ advance notice of the cancellation through a notification in the App and at www.7eleven.ca/7rewards. You are responsible for checking the App and the 7rewards section of the www.7eleven.ca website, including www.7eleven.ca/7rewards, for updates about the Program. If 7-Eleven cancels the Program, all of your Points, Punches and My Rewards will automatically and immediately expire upon the effective date of cancellation. If no Points or Punches are recorded in your Account for 366 consecutive days, you become bankrupt, commit fraud, misrepresent any information, violate any Terms, abuse your Program privileges or act in any other way to the detriment of us, our partners, our suppliers or the Program, we may, without affecting our other rights, disclose such information requested by proper authorities, terminate your enrollment and/or cancel your Points, Punches or My Rewards. If any Points, Punches or My Rewards are cancelled for any reason, they become void without compensation. 7-Eleven reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Program without notice should a virus, bug or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of 7-Eleven corrupt the security or proper administration of the Program.
Any fraudulent, deceptive, unauthorized, or otherwise unlawful participation in the Program or use of the 7Rewards Card, the App, the Site, or your Account is strictly prohibited, and may result in immediate termination or disqualification from the Program. The 7Rewards Card is the property of 7-Eleven and may be revoked at any time by 7-Eleven in its sole discretion. Any unauthorized reproduction of the 7Rewards Card may lead to legal prosecution and cancellation of your Account and the expiration of all accumulated Points, Punches and My Rewards.
IF YOUR ACCOUNT IS CANCELED, ANY REMAINING POINTS, PUNCHES AND MY REWARDS WILL EXPIRE.
As part of the Program, you will have access to your Account on the App or Site, which will provide information about your Account, including your accumulated Points, Punches and My Rewards, and your Account preferences. From the Account, you can update your profile information and can manage Account settings, such as opt-outs.
IN ADDITION TO OTHER LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS IN 7-ELEVEN’S TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE LOCATED AT WWW.7ELEVEN.CA/TERMS-CONDITIONS, IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE PROGRAM, 7REWARDS CARD, OR ANY PROMOTIONAL EVENTS. OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU WITH RESPECT TO THE PROGRAM, PROMOTIONAL CONTESTS, AND CONTENT THEREIN, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF (I) THE TOTAL AMOUNT YOU SPENT ON SCANNED QUALIFYING PURCHASES IN THE MOST RECENT TWELVE-MONTH PERIOD, OR (II) IF YOU HAVE NOT PAID 7-ELEVEN, THE AMOUNT OF CAN$100. THESE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY WILL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND WILL SURVIVE CANCELLATION OR TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT. CERTAIN APPLICABLE LAWS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
United States of America
If you have a 7Rewards Card or an Account you may also be eligible to participate in the U.S. 7Rewards Loyalty Program based on the Terms and Conditions located at www.7-eleven.com/7rewards. Subject to the U.S. Terms and Conditions, you may collect Points, Punches and My Rewards based on purchases made in the United States of America, so long as so long as your 7Rewards Card or your Account barcode (accessed through the App or mobile version of the Site) is scanned at the time of purchase or you provide the phone number linked to your Account at the time of purchase in order to record and qualify your purchase, redemptions or use of any such collected Points, Punches or My Rewards made in the U.S. Points and Punches accumulated from the Program can only be redeemed in participating stores in Canada, and cannot be combined with any accumulated Points and Punches from the U.S. 7Rewards Loyalty Program.
The Program is void where prohibited. Your accumulated Points and Punches and any My Rewards available for redemption are promotional in nature, have no cash value, and cannot be sold, copied, shared, or transferred. No substitutions, assignments, or transfers of any Qualifying Purchases will be permitted. 7-Eleven’s decisions in connection with this Program are final and binding. 7-Eleven will not be responsible for any Internet, mobile device, computer, or communications-related failures or any events beyond the reasonable control of 7-Eleven. Any provision of these Program Terms deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the remainder of these Program Terms will remain in effect.
We reserve the right to impose volume limitations on some items, and to offer additional and/or different benefits to some members based on geographic location, participation in the Program, or other criteria determined by us.
Your Account, your 7Rewards Card, and accumulated Points, Punches and Rewards are personal to you, and may not be sold, transferred or assigned to, or shared with family, friends, or others, and may not be used for any commercial purpose.
The Program is subject to 7-Eleven’s Terms and Conditions of Use located at www.7eleven.ca/terms-conditions and information collected is subject to 7-Eleven’s Privacy Statement located at www.7eleven.ca/privacy. In the event of any conflict between these Program Terms and 7-Eleven’s Terms and Conditions of Use, then 7-Eleven’s Terms and Conditions of Use control.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about the Program or these Program Terms, you may contact us at the following address(es):
Attn: Customer Care
Box 711, Dallas, TX 75221-0711
Phone: (800) 255-0711