Official Rules and Regulations
WIN 1 x 7 – $1000 CASH prizes with 7REWARDS
- CONTEST PERIOD
The “Win a $1000 Cash Contest” Contest (the “Promotion” or “Contest“) commences Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 12:00:01 pm ET and ends Tuesday, August 29, 2017 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Contest Period“). This Contest is sponsored by 7-Eleven Canada (the “Sponsor“).
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The Contest is open to legal residents of the provinces of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario who are thirteen (13) years or older at the time of entry. Notwithstanding the above, this Contest is not open to employees, representatives, agents, officers or directors (or those with whom such persons are domiciled, whether related or not) of: (i) the Contest Sponsor, Participating product sponsors, (the “Participating Sponsors”), its respective divisions, subsidiaries and affiliates; (ii) Contest Sponsor advertising and promotional agencies, Participating Sponsors, contest suppliers, prize suppliers, and any other entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration, judging or fulfillment of the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”).
- HOW TO ENTER (NO PURCHASE NECESSARY):
(a) ENTRY WITH RETAIL PURCHASE: Step 1: Download the 7-Eleven APP (the “App”) by texting “Cash” to 711247 or by visiting 7rewards.ca (NOTE: the App is not compatible for download via mobile devices operating on the BlackBerry® or Windows® mobile operating systems); Step 2: following all instructions provided via the App, create an account to obtain a scanable member ID barcode; including acceptance of the Terms and Conditions and Privacy for the App. Step 3: Once the entrant has completed these steps, upon each transaction made at a participating 7-Eleven location, and scans his/her 7-Eleven member ID barcode, he/she will receive one (1) entry in to the Contest. Limit one (1) entry per qualifying purchase. NOTE: Text messaging and/or data rates may apply depending on the entrant’s mobile device carrier and text messaging package. Such fees are the responsibility of the entrant/account holder. Text messaging may not be available in all areas or with all mobile service providers. Entrant must be the person in whose name the mobile device account for the mobile device used to enter the Contest via mobile device is registered (the “Mobile Account Holder”) or have the express permission of the Mobile Account Holder. Entries made via mobile device without the permission of the Mobile Account Holder may be disqualified, at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
There are seven (7) prizes available to be won in the Contest (the “Prize”), consisting of $1,000.00 cash. Canadian dollars, payable by cheque. Total value of prizing available: $7,000 CAD. Odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible entries submitted and received in accordance with these Contest rules during the Contest Promotional Period. MINORS: In the event that the entrant selected as the potential winner of the Prize is below the age of majority in his/her province of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian will also be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question as a pre-condition of the Prize being confirmed and awarded. Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred (except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor), exchanged, assigned or refunded. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute the Prize with a prize or prizes of at least equal value (including, without limitation, at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor), in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason.
- METHOD OF AWARDING PRIZES
In Surrey, British Columbia, the Weekly Prize draw will be held and one (1) potential winner will be randomly selected from all eligible entries submitted and received in accordance with the Contest prize table shown below and in accordance with the rules:
|Weekly Draws||Entry Start and End Period||Draw Dates|
|Draw 1||July 5, 12:0 AM ET to July 13, 11:59 PM ET||July 14|
|Draw 2||July 14, 12:01 AM ET to July 20, 11:59 PM ET||July 21|
|Draw 3||July 20, 12:01 AM ET to July 27,11:59 PM ET||July 28|
|Draw 4||July 28, 12:01 AM ET to August 3, 11:59 PM ET||August 4|
|Draw 5||August 4, 12:01 AM ET to August 10, 11:59 PM ET||August 11|
|Draw 6||August 11, 12:01 AM ET to August 17,11:59 PM ET||August 18|
|Draw 7||August 18, 12:01 AM ET to August 29, 2017 11:59 PM ET||August 31|
Selected Prize entrant will be contacted by email which matches the online entry form or the address used when creating an account on the 7-Eleven App with further information on how to be confirmed as a winner and claim the Cash Prize. If a selected entrant cannot be reached, for whatever reason, by the date, another entrant may be randomly selected (from among the remaining eligible entries submitted and received in accordance with these Contest rules) at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor. Before being declared a winner of the Prize, the selected entrant and/or his/her parent or legal guardian (in the case of a selected entrant who is a Minor) must correctly answer, unaided, a mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone or email and complete, sign and return a Declaration and Release Form (and any other documents, as applicable) within seven (7) days of receipt (the “Prize Claim Date”). If the potential Prize winner, and in the case of a Minor his/her parent or legal guardian, cannot be reached/located, fails to reply within seven (7) days following contact by the Contest Sponsor representative, is not in compliance with these Contest rules, incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, declines the Prize, fails to return the Declaration and Release Form (and any other documents, as applicable) by the Prize Claim Date, or if email or other correspondence between the Contest Sponsor and potential winner (and/or his/her parent or legal guardian) is not responded to or is returned as undeliverable, the Prize may be forfeited by that potential winner and the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to randomly select another potential winner from among the remaining eligible entries submitted and received in accordance with these Contest rules. Prize will be awarded, subject to these Contest rules, upon correctly answering the mathematical skill-testing question, receipt of the properly completed and executed Declaration and Release Form, and any other documents, as applicable, and verification of Prize winner. GENERAL
- The approximate retail value of the Prize as stated by the Contest Sponsor and / or Participating Sponsor in point of sale advertising, and other advertising, promotion materials, and/or in these Contest rules is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, the passage of time between the date the approximate retail value is stated by the Contest Sponsor and the date the Prize is awarded or redeemed. If, at the time the Prize is redeemed or awarded, the actual prevailing retail purchase price for the Prize is less than the approximate retail value stated by the Contest Sponsor in point of sale, television and print advertising, promotion materials, and/or in these Contest rules, the prize winner will not be entitled to a cheque or cash for the price difference.
- The decisions of the Contest Sponsor and/or the judges are final and binding, without right of appeal, with respect to all aspects of this Contest and entrant agrees to abide by the Contest rules and all of the instructions and decisions of the Contest Sponsor and/or judges. In the event of any dispute regarding the interpretation of these Contest rules, the decision or interpretation of the Contest Sponsor and/or judges shall prevail.
- Unless otherwise deemed appropriate by the Contest Sponsor for the administration of the Contest based on the circumstances, no communications will be entered into except with selected entrants. Once Prize winner has been verified and confirmed, the Prize winner’s name will be posted at www.slurpee.ca.
- All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor. Any entry that is late, incomplete, altered, or contains false information, is invalid. The Contest Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected claims or entries or for any problems or technical malfunction of any Internet or telephone network or broadcast transmission during the Contest Period. The Released Parties are not responsible for any errors or omissions with respect to the printing or advertising of this Contest and reserves the right to withdraw, amend or cancel this Contest in the event of a printing or administrative error.
- In the event, due to a printing, manufacturing, mechanical or other error, more prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded according to these Contest rules, prizes will stop being awarded when the Contest Sponsor becomes aware of an error respecting the number of prizes and the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to conduct a random draw from amongst all eligible and approved prize claimants whose claims have not yet been redeemed to award the remaining number of advertised prizes. In no event will the Released Parties be liable for more than the stated number of prizes contained in these official Contest rules.
- The Released Parties accept no responsibility for loss, damage or claims caused by the awarded prizes or the Contest itself. By entering, entrant releases and holds harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Contest or any prize (or a portion thereof) won. The Prize Supplier is the supplier of the Prize, but is not responsible for the conduct or administration of the Contest.
- Without limiting the release of liability provisions herein, and for greater certainty, the Released Parties will not be liable for: a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Contest website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries in the contest; b) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation of the Contest website or any transmission in connection with the contest; c) any communications line failure, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; d) any problems with, or technical malfunction of, any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, or failure of email which may occur for any reason whatsoever, including technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof; or e) any injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this contest. If the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause of any nature whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of the Released Parties which corrupt or affect the administration, security or proper conduct of this contest, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right at its sole and absolute discretion to, without advance notice, terminate or suspend the contest, in whole or in part, or modify it in any way.
- Where applicable and in the event of a dispute as to who submitted an entry, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to deem the entry to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry or Mobile Account Holder. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Selected entrant may be required to provide the Contest Sponsor with proof that he/she (i) is the Authorized Account Holder of the email address associated with the selected entry; (ii) is the Mobile Account Holder; or (iii) has the express permission of the Mobile Account Holder to enter.
- The Contest Sponsor reserves the right at its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any individual from the contest, and to ban that individual from any future promotion of the Contest Sponsor, if the Contest Sponsor finds or believes such individual to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or where applicable, the Contest website; to be acting in violation of the Contest rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass the Contest Sponsor, the Contest Sponsor agencies, other entrants or any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE CONTEST SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- By entering this contest, you consent to the Contest Sponsor, should you become a winner, of your name, place of residence and photograph or other likeness, without further compensation or notice, for publicity, advertising or informational purposes in any media or format (including the Internet) in connection with this contest.
- This Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Contest rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Contest rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other Contest mechanics stipulated in these Contest rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or entry with these Contest rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Contest rules, or for any other reason.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest or Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these Contest rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.